Monday, October 13, 2014

It Must Be Autumn






There's a storm coming today.
Lots of wind and rain.
Tomorrow fall makes another appearance with
low temps in the high 50s and highs in the low 70s.
Yippee! 
I just have to get through the storms today.

The light wasn't good for picture taking, but I did it anyway.

Most of my decorating for Halloween is done --
I picked up this little kitty and his mouse friend
at an after Halloween sale last year.
I giggle everytime I see him.


Cat and Mouse


He likes to have tea!

Lenox Butterfly Meadow


Lenox has made a whole set of dishes called Butterfly Meadow.
This is the fritillary butterfly cup and saucer.
I love the little lady bug on the saucer.
Pretty wavy rims on the teacup and the saucer.




Lenox Butterfly Meadow


Lovely detail on the cup.



Butterfly Meadow Lenox Cup and Saucer


It must be Autumn if the Pumpkin Spice Bagels are on the grocery shelves!
I'm going to make a nice cup of green tea.
I don't want my tea to compete with the taste of the bagel.
And then I'm going to settle down to read Autumn by Susan Branch.



Autumn is Here!



I'm joining some tea parties today:


Wishing YOU well, much joy and a wonderful cup of tea!














17 comments:

Dorothy Borders said...

Pumpkin spice bagels - YUM! And what better to eat them from than those beautiful butterfly dishes.

Like you, I'm looking forward to our promised fall weather tomorrow. It's raining hard at my house just now, so maybe it's on its way.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Snap. Yep...storms then fall glory. That's life, isn't ti? I Love your kitty and mouse! How cute! The china is lovely! I love the little bugs! Haven't seen that Susan Branch book but I do love her artwork. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Rosa said...

LOVE the kitty!!! Love the lady bug! Awwwww. YES, storms coming this way too. Love it!! Bring on the fall, please? xoxo

Carol at Serendipity said...

Snap,
Sounds like a good plan. I am going to take a quick nap and then a cup of tea and maybe some needlepoint!

Carol

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Snap,
Your kitty cat and mouse are very cute. I love your teacup with the wee lady bug and posies. Those bagels sound good too. Thank you for joining me for tea and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

Thanks for your visit! I love your Lenox...very pretty! And the cat is so cute!
Ruth

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Very cute! I don't have any fall decorations out, but I did finish bagging up candy bags for the community halloween carnival, so I don't feel too bad about being a bit behind.
I hope these storms were kinder to you. Sad news around my area- one person killed by tornado.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Awww what a cute kitty and mouse and your teacup is lovely. I spotted the ladybug on the saucer. What a sweet surprise. I really think I need that Autumn book of Susan Branch. I just made the bread that she shared the recipe of and it's yummy and full of healthy grains. Happy Tea Day to you, Snap!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Snap! Love the cat too cute! Your tea cup with the butterflies is perfect. I have always wanted that set. Maybe one day, it will be mine. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Beth in NEPA said...

That kitty is so cute. And the china lovely.

Barb said...

Lovely fall tea party, Snap. I always like to see the cups and saucers in your collection. I do like that little lady bug.

Zaa said...

Such a a darling medley of playmates for tea.. I can just envisage the kitty chasing the butterfly on your pretty cup( ha Ha) Cute cute posting..Thanks for sharing ..hugs

The Charm of Home said...

The wind and the rain is stealing fall from us. Love your primitive cat and the teacup!
Sherry

Luján Fraix said...

HOLA
GRACIAS POR VENIR A VISITARME A ARGENTINA.

PRECIOSA TU TAZA DE TÉ CON MARIPOSAS, MUY DELICADA, SUTIL Y ELEGANTE.
TE DEJO UN ABRAZO CARIÑOSO.
BESOS

PD YO TENGO UNA GATA IGUALITA A TU CASSIE QUE SE LLAMA SURI.
SALUDITOS.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I love your dishes and your Fall decorations. I got a copy of Susan Branch's Autumn too. I enjoy her cookbooks. Stay safe with the storms coming. I am not used to Tornado watches, but we have them in NC today. Looks like we'll get the bad storms this evening.

Have a wonderful day. You got me in the mood to decorate. I just got back from Massachusetts, and we need a bit of decoration here.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin spice is everywhere, I mean everywhere! Nice cat, is it paper mache? Or ceramic. I like that patina. xox

Cindy said...

Hi Snap, my pumpkin only goes as far as pie these days. Love the butterfly and dragonfly with the ladybug, lol. I remembered this tea cup as it was a favourite of mine. Cute cat and mouse, the light is perfect for this time of year.