Wednesday, February 13, 2013

An Experiment



I won this lovely crochet pattern (Basic Circle Scarf) from Olivia at My Favourite Things.
I admire Olivia's crochet work and was delighted to try this pattern.



Circle Scarf


I had two skeins of Alpaca yarn.
One in a solid blue/grey and the other in a multi color.
The original pattern called for crocheting with two strands and since the Alpaca yarn
was quite chunky -- I decided to experiment and see what would happen.
Would I have enough yarn?


Crochet Circular Scarf

Olivia's scarf is 8 inches wide and mine is a tad over 4.
I was able to repeat the pattern once instead of the number called for in the original pattern 
 and held my breath on the last row.


Crochet Circular Scarf

I tried it on today and I love it.
The Alpaca yarn is so soft.
I want to cuddle the scarf.
Perhaps I'll sleep with it tonight! 

We have more cool weather (cool for us) coming. 
I will be ready.

Wishing YOU well and much joy!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your scarf turned out beautifully! I love the colour :)

Vee said...

It is lovely...wonderful colors and if it is soft, you're so going to love wearing it.

Sherry said...

Isn't it a great feeling when an experiment works? Love these colours and love that you thought about sleeping in it to beat the cold! xo

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's lovely! I'd cuddle it too.

Barb said...

I have a scarf in colors much like yours - I wear it a lot because it goes with everything. Of course, I didn't make mine. I wanted to tell you that your post on impossible pie got me to thinking, and I made my own homemade Bisquick. I've made spinach pie 2x - my husband likes it. Yesterday, I made a coffee cake with the mix.

My Little Home and Garden said...

The colours in your yarn are so pretty; it's great when an experiment works out well!

Cezar and Léia said...

wow it sounds a fabulous project!
Léia

Kim Mailhot said...

Lovely colors ! Enjoy the cozy !

Janet said...

Your scarf looks beautiful. I chuckled when you said you might sleep with it. Stay warm!